Sunday, November 25, 2007

dba interstellar overdriver


I've got my death by audio Interstellar Overdriver like a week ago and in very short time, it grew to my favourite distortion pedal.
As you can see, i have the version with mastervolume, got it from ebay.

So, as i got it, i quickly set up all my gear, adjusted the volume on it (this pedal can be terribly loud!) and began to play. In short time, i got all my favourite BigMuff tones out of it (the ones i never got out of my black Sovtek BigMuff) and a lot of very, very usable overdrive sounds.

Just imagine, this pedal's got no EQ, just a mastervolume and a gain control. But it let's you get sounds from At the drive-in to My Bloody Valentine or Lou Reed or The Weakerthans. I love it. Finally something that's not compromising.

dba founder Oliver Ackerman is vocalist/guitarist of A place to bury strangers. Also, some of them (or was it just Oliver again?) were members of Skywave. This may be the reason why you can get such a great Shoegaze sound out of it.

Here's my advice to you: at least try one! It's great.
tom waits - shore leave

1 comment:

Sebastian said...

Hi, deine Erfahrungen lesen sich sehr interessant! Habe die DBA-Pedale mal intensiver ins Auge gefasst, bevor ich zum Gold Fuzz gegriffen habe - das APTBS-Album besitze ich auch mittlerweile, da sind definitiv die abgefahrensten Gitarrensounds meiner ganzen Plattensammlung drauf!
Der Gold Fuzz hat mich überzeugt, in Sachen Overdrive verlasse ich mich seit kurzem auf den Silver Drive aus gleichem Hause, auch hier kann ich nur Positives berichten - alles drin vom Treble Booster bis zum Rockbrett!

Gruß, Sebastian